Earthquake and Tsunami HIt Japan
The devastating 8.9 magnitude earthquake that hit Japan early Friday morning was quickly followed by massive tsunami waves. The 33 feet high stretched so far they threatened the west coast of the United States. 12 University of Florida students, studying abroad in the island country, are safe.
To see a full report on the earthquake, watch the video on the right side of the page.
- Two Years Since Deadly Earthquake and Tsunami Hit Japan
- No Sign of Tsunamis After 8.6 Earthquake
- Earthquake Hits Mexico
- Earthquake Felt Half Way Around the World Causing Aftershocks in North Central Florida
- Local Missionaries Help Earthquake Victims
- Gainesville Airport Collects 8,000 Shoes For Haiti Earthquake Victims
- Haiti Earthquake Survivor Speaks To Gainesville Church
- Massive Earthquake Shakes Chile
- UF Professor Spent Time In Chile Studying Earthquakes
- Haiti Earthquake Survivors Lacking Visas Detained In Florida