Gainesville Eyesore's Transformation Signals Change
A Gainesville eyesore is on its way for a big transformation. The high profile vacant housing project, Stadium Club, became a symbol of the recession. That symbol is now overshadowed by a towering crane. Crews are working to complete the building's outer shell. Meanwhile, developers have filed permits for small interior changes which the city must first review. The work is welcomed by those who live and work near the project.
"It's a good sign for Gainesville and the rest of America because things are getting better," said nearby resident Dwayne Locke.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- City Of Gainesville Increases Mobility, Decreases Eyesore
- New Yellow Turn Arrows Send 'Mixed Signals' to Drivers
- City of Gainesville To Get New Traffic Signal Software
- Small but Significant Changes to Gainesville's Outdoor Burning Law
- Proposed Business Changes to Gainesville's Anti-Discrimination Law
- Silver Springs Theme Park May Be Transformed Into a State Park
- City Hopes Eyesore Will Turn Into Big Bucks For Area
- When Power Goes Out, So Does Weather Radio Signal
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- Changes to Gainesville City Commission Public Comments