Gainesville's Annual Ghost Town
If you look around a part of North Central Florida, it looks like a ghost town and it isn't because of power outages. The sidewalks along university avenue are empty and the signs posted in stores said it all we're closed.
They're closed at least until college students return.
To see why some shops decide to close their doors and why others don't, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Kerr City, Historic Ghost Town
- Gainesville Contends For Title Town USA
- AARP Holds Town Forum Meeting in Gainesville
- Levy County Sheriff's Deputies Replace Inglis Police, Saves Town Money
- Town of Inglis to Dissolve Local Police Department, Begins Neogtiating with Levy County Sheriff's Office
- Micanopy's Small Town Charm Attracts Thousands this Weekend
- Governor Scott Touts Job Growth at Annual 'State of the State' Address
- Military Vets Honored at 89th Annual 'Gator Growl'
- Annual 'Boo at the Zoo' Draws Hundreds
- 7th annual 'Noche de Gala' prep underway