Horses Perish in Barn Fire
Five horses perished in a barn fire early Tuesday morning.
When Marion County Fire Rescue arrived, two adjacent barns were aflame, one of them fully engulfed.
The owner of the Continental Paso Fino Farm, J.R. Morales, ran inside the second barn and rescued nine horses from the structure.
Neighbors rushed to help. Four Paso Finos and one Paint horse died. Marion County Fire Rescue was able to contain the blaze affecting the second barn and stop the flames from reaching Marales's home.
The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating the cause of the fire.
- Eleven Horses Killed in Williston Barn Fire
- A Barn Fire Leaves Family Without a Home
- Stable Fire Kills at Least 15 Horses
- Dumpster catches fire
- Horses Killed in Reddick Fire
- Homicide victim, 70, described as 'the voice of inspiration"
- Osceola student almost abducted by man in car
- Law regulates drug compounding pharmacies
- OPD arrest man asleep over the steering wheel of a stolen vehicle
- Scam targeting Ocala Utility Services customers