Renovations at Historic Ritz Underway
It is a historic Ocala landmark. The Ritz Hotel off Silver Springs Blvd. will soon serve local veterans as a transitional housing facility.
The remodeling began Tuesday.
Several organizations and charities have been involved in the project. The hotel was purchased by the Volunteers of America of Florida.
But in just a couple of months, the community support for the facility has been overwhelming to some of the organizers. Commander David Sizemore of the American Legion, Post 38, says donations have been pouring in.
The project is in need of new or gently used furniture, toasters, small refrigerates, linens, dinnerware, and other house-hold items.
The Ritz is expected to be ready for local veterans by September.
If you would like to donate, call 352-426-3760 before dropping items off at the hotel. You can also contact David Sizemore at 352-274-3440.
- Wild Waters Re-Opens, Renovation Still Underway
- Veterans Living at Ritz Ocala
- Voting Underway in Primary
- Investigation Underway After Dog Mistakenly Killed
- Early voting underway in several Florida counties
- Wild Waters Receives Renovations, Opening Date is Tentative
- Airport Renovations
- Ronald McDonald House Renovations
- Downtown Ocala Business Owners: Renovation Troubles are "Worth It"
- DeLuca Donates $1 Million Towards YMCA Renovations