Shooting in Southwest Gainesville
Gunfire in Southwest Gainesville leaves two bystanders in the hospital. Officials believe multiple shooters are on the run.
It happened at 2:18 this afternoon in the Majestic Oaks Apartment Complex. The Alachua County Sheriff's Office responded to multiple 911 calls and found two men shot.
Officials believe there was a fight going on in the neighborhood and then shooting started. Two men were caught in the cross fire.
18 year old Chauncey Jenkins was shot in the back and is being treated at Shands Hospital.
23 year old Gerald Perkins was shot in the head behind the ear, but the wound was just superficial. After treatment at North Florida Regional Medical Center, Perkins was released.
Alachua County Sheriff's Office Spokesperson Art Forgey said, "The person that shot the two individuals, we believe, is on the run. We are attempting to identify that person and locate that person as we speak."
Deputies are getting conflicting reports from witnesses, so at this time they're not sure exactly what happened and who was involved. But they are looking for multiple shooters.
- UPDATE: Sunday Shooting in Southwest Gainesville
- Man Shot in SouthWest Gainesville
- New Healthcare Center Opening in Southwest Gainesville
- Bear Sighting in Southwest Gainesville
- Bear on the Loose in Kirkwood Neighborhood in Southwest Gainesville
- New Medical Center Opening in Southwest Gainesville
- Man Threatened In Southwest Gainesville
- Stabbing in Southwest Gainesville
- Southwest Health Clinic opens in Gainesville
- Woman Found Dead in Southwest Gainesville