Creating Jobs through the Power of One
Marion County has one of the worst unemployment rates in the state.
But business leaders in Ocala are not sitting back. Instead they are using the "Power of One Challenge" to get residents back to work.
The initiative by the Ocala, Marion County Chamber of Commerce encourages members to hire at least one new employee. The Mojo Grill in Ocala has added thirty new jobs after expanding into Belleview.
So far the Power of One Challenge has been a success with 160 new hires since January and 50 more new jobs pledged by local chamber members.
The Ocala, Marion County Chamber of Commerce is offering assistance to member businesses through a series of workshops to help them increase their number of employees.
- New FedEx Facility in Marion County to Create 100 Jobs
- State, National Leaders Team Up To Create Jobs In Rural Areas
- Made In America- Creating Jobs that are Set in Stone
- Mobile App Companies Creating Jobs
- A Stroll Through One Belleview Neighborhood Ends in Animal Abuse Arrest
- Romney Says Obama has Failed to Help Create Jobs
- One Fewer Fast Food Joint- 400 Jobs Lost
- Chocolates Help Create a Great Made in America Christmas
- International Artist Creates Political Drawings For Gainesville Museum
- Local Teacher Creates Unique Environment For Students