Deadly Discovery in Ocala Family's Empty Pool
Detectives said they are working to put together the clues after a deadly discovery Thursday morning in an Ocala family's backyard. The family awoke only to find a man dead in their empty pool. The man has been identified as 75-year old Rufus Thomas. Officers said Thomas lived nearby. Family members said the discovery was a surge of almost every emotion.
"I was scared, nervous, I didn't know what to do even though I had to call 911 but the first person I ran to was my mother and she thought I was playing around," said Isaias Nuniz who found Thomas.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- 1-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Family's Swimming Pool
- One Family's Fight Against AvMed Continues
- A Gainesville Family's Christmas Wishes Come True
- Struggling Family's Roof Rescued By Non-Profit
- Family's Journey to Bring Home Adopted Son Ends
- One Family's Fight Against AvMed Part 2
- One Family's Fight Against AvMed
- Duckett family's suit to be tried federal court
- A Family's Struggle With Premature Birth
- Deputy Killed Family's Dog, Owners Want to Know Why