Dog Sitter Fights City Hall to Continue Service
A man from Gainesville believes the the old saying "you can't fight city hall" is going to the dogs. In meeting after meeting, Bruce Baber has gone before city leaders hoping to convince them to let him continue his 20 year plus dog sitting service out of his Gainesville home. Tuesday night, he scored a small victory. The city's community development committee voted to go ahead with a change in code to allow such pet sitting. While it's unclear if that will ever become law, Baber said he just wants to get back to doing what he loves.
"It's kinda of a cliche but they give their love unconditionally as soon as I touch one it just gives me a spark of being uplifted. It's an immediate and unfailing connection," said Baber.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- "Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs"
- Chess Team at Oak Hall School Continues Tradition of Success
- City of Ocala informs residents of tree buying program
- One Family's Fight Against AvMed Continues
- Cancer #1 Killing Disease For Hispanics, But Gainesville Continues To Fight Back
- Students continue fight to get condoms in schools
- Buck Bay Residents Continue Their Fight
- A Community Continues to Heal
- Dixie County flooding continues
- Fighting Dogs