Heart of the Hammock Humane Society Searching For New Home
It's a nationwide problem, that one North Central Florida community is really struggling with, overcrowded animal shelters. The Heart of the Hammock Humane Society in Dixie County doesn't even have a shelter to overcrowd. Their Shelters are the volunteers homes, and neighbors aren't happy. Board members for the Heart of the Hammock Humane Society say they've searched for land to build a shelter all over Dixie County. But, the rural county is becoming more populated, leaving them with limited barking space.
County commissioners feel the current location and housing of the Humane Society is not suitable and are working with them to find somewhere else to go. Commissioners have asked that board members come up with some possible locations for their next meeting in two weeks. If and when they find a new home, the Humane Society hopes to find grant funding that will support their future facility.
- A New Home for Levy County Humane Society
- Gainesville mom gets new home thanks to Habitat for Humanity
- Dog dies in Humane Society van
- Humane society benefits from open house
- New way to adopt dogs
- Thousands of Dollars Worth of Tools Stolen from Two "Habitat for Humanity" Homes
- Home and Garden Show helps fundraise for Habitat for Humanity
- Habitat for Humanity builds 129th home, teaches women building and financial skills
- Ventricular Assist Device Gives New Hope To Patients With Heart Failure
- A New Heart For A Local Boy