Highway Robbery, 3 Tampa Area Men Arrested in Alachua County
Three men were in the fast lane to jail Friday night accused of using the interstate as their road to riches. More than a year ago Tampa police and Hillsborough county deputies started working a string of burglaries. Deputies said they followed 26 year old Luis Gomez, 28 year old John Rodriguez, and another unidentified man from Tampa to an Alachua county neighborhood located about a five minute drive from the freeway. Investigators said the men targeted middle to upper class neighborhoods where they believed they would find a payday indoors.
"Their typical mode of operation was they were looking for jewelry, stuff that they could carry out in their pockets not large stuff and from what I understand the loot to date has been over a million and a half dollars," said Art Forgey with the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Armed Robbery, Kidnapping in Walmart Parking Lot
- Robbery, Rape Suspect In Custody
- Men Arrested for Robbery
- Tampa Couple Arrested for Multiple Bank Robberies
- Cattle Car Crash
- Unidentified child's face being seen for the first time
- FHP says hit & run cases not getting any better
- Two busted with two dozen stolen credit cards
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- Another Arrest Made in Robbery of Ocala Convenience Store