Man Shot by Deputies after Domestic Dispute
A man in Anthony is dead Sunday after Marion County Sheriffs opened fire.
Four deputies arrived at a home following two 911 calls regarding a domestic dispute and shots being fired.
When the deputies arrived, they encountered 54 year-old Craig Allen Rust in his yard, sitting in a lawnmower, armed with a gun. Rust did not follow the deputies' orders. When Rust raised the gun, the deputies fired at least two shots. Rust was pronounced dead on scene.
Two of the deputies involved are on administrative leave- which is standard procedure. An investigation is being conducted by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement- also standard procedure when officers are involved in a fatal standoff.
- Interlachen Man Starts Domestic Dispute, Has Brief Standoff with Deputies
- Domestic Dispute Ends in Death
- Domestic Dispute Leads to Car Crash
- Professor Involved in Domestic Dispute
- Domestic Dispute Turns Into Wild Ride
- Marion Deputies Search For Man Who Shot Andre Thomas
- Man Shot by Dixie County Sheriff's Deputy
- Keystone Heights Man Fatally Shot by ASO Deputies
- Man Shot By Marion County Deputy
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition