Gainesville One of Nation's Most Well-Read Cities
Gainesville may start to shed its party-town image with a little help from the folks at Amazon.com.
According to a company tally of book, magazine and newspaper sales, Gainesville ranked eighth in a list of most well-read cities.
This doesn't come as a surprise to some. Staff at the Alachua County Library's Millhopper Branch say they receive 800 visits a day.
Additionally, 60,000 books were checked out at that branch alone. District-wide, that number was 290,000.
Other Florida cities on that list include Miami, at number six, and Orlando, which came in at number 12. Cambridge, Massachusetts was nunber one.
- Gainesville 15th Most Well-Read City Says Amazon
- Gainesville Honored As One Of The Nation's Best In Biking
- Gainesville Makes Top 20 List of America's Most Romantic Cities
- One of Bradford County's "Most Wanted" Arrested in Puerto Rico
- State Officials Head to Nation's Capitol with Obamacare Concerns
- Orlando and Miami Among Most Romantic Cities
- Nation's "School Grade"
- Shands Among Nation's Best
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Reads Charge to Jurors
- Two UF Professors on Oprah's Summer Reading List