Levy County Homes Spared by Mere Feet
Some Levy county residents felt a sign of relief Thursday evening after a fast-moving fire came within feet of their life's possessions. Evacuation orders were lifted just after 7 PM Thursday night for the people living near the fire, which ignited in a mobile home and quickly spread. That home, three camper trailers, and a small barn were completely lost. Fortunately, there are no injuries to report but it took a team to put out the flames.
""It is dry. We have had no rain. We are a tinderbox... just anybody who is outside burning has to be very attentive to what they're doing. We are requesting no one burn right now because of the high fire danger," said Danny Wallace with the Williston Fire Department.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Levy County Home Invasion, Gunman Killed
- A New Home for Levy County Humane Society
- Levy County Home Invasion and Shooting
- 20 dogs in Levy County cruelty case in need of homes
- Levy County Deputy's Home Burns to the Ground
- Lawmakers Could Spare Hampton
- House fire feet from Buchholz High
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Tracking Colin: Flooding in parts of Levy County
- Atheist Bench Application Denied Again at Levy County Courthouse