Man found Not Guilty in Ocala Murder Trial
A man accused of killing his cousin and facing life in prison finally got the verdict he'd been waiting for after two years.
Adrian Brown, 31, smiled after hearing the jury's verdict of Not Guilty of first degree premeditated murder.
This is the second time Brown has had to face a jury for the same charge. He was accused of killing his cousin, 42-year-old John Brinson back in 2008.
Brinson was shot multiple times. Prosecutors then sought the death penalty- that ended in a mistrial thanks to a jury deadlock.
"Like I'd been saying, I denied everything from the get go," Brown told TV20. "They still pursued me and only me, you now, but now god put them to shame by using my lawyers."
The six jurors took just over five hours to reach their verdict.
- Man Found Guilty of Murder Five Years Later
- Trial for Man Accused of Attempting to Rape, Murder Ocala Woman Begins
- Ocala Man Murdered, Body Found Inside Home
- Day 3, Brandon Scott Trial: Scott Found Guilty
- Suspects Plea "Not Guilty" in Seath Jackson Murder Trial
- Not Guilty Verdict in the Hawthorne Murder Trial
- Jonathan Peterson Found Guilty of First-Degree Murder
- Richardson Found Guilty on Murder Charges
- St. Pete man guilty of murdering Grooveshark exec
- Gainesville Man Guilty of Second Degree Murder