Moody Bottled Water gets Green Light
It is a project that has left some residents in Marion County with bottled up anger.
The Marion County Board of Commissioners granted a special permit to the Moody family allowing for trucks to haul spring water- rising from their private property in Salt Springs- to a bottling facility elsewhere in the county.
Tuesday a zoning meeting took place at the County's chambers in which they discussed the Moody family's proposal.
Commissioners had previously voted against the family building a bottling facility on their land.
The Saint Johns Water Management governs their use of the water, not the County.
Some Salt Springs residents opposed the Moody family's plans in fear that it would disrupt their rural, and quiet way of life.
The bottling plant would bring 60 jobs, with the potential for more.
The Commissioners are requiring the bottling plant be housed in Marion County. They also restricted the trucks' route to State Road 19 to State Road 40- without usage of County Road 314.
- Bottled Water Battle gets Capped
- Bottled Water or Tap Water- You decide.
- Fight With a Beer Bottle Puts One Man Behind Bars and Another in Critical Condition
- Bottled Up
- Technology Spotlight 11/23/10 "Lumi-Water Bottle"
- Growing Green To Save Green
- Can Going Green Save You Some Green?
- Going Green, Saving Green?
- Build Green To Save Green
- Going Green to Save some Green