Procedure or Interpretation?
A proposed Limestone Mining Operation has been given a crucial stamp of approval. In an eight hour long hearing last night, Levy County Commissioners voted three to one in favor of the Tarmac King Road Mine. The meeting lasted until 3 am and was packed. Many residents are worried about the impact on an environmentally sensitive area.The commissioner who voted against it, believes last night decision was premature.
Historically, the board has handled special exception hearings on a case by case basis. Commissioner Marsha Drew argued they would should follow county procedure, which states all permits must be in hand before a hearing is even held.
For more information, you can watch the video to the right.
- UF Security Procedures Getting Another Look--Again
- Stomaphyx Procedure
- Florida Author Visits Library
- Florida Power and Light Co. Rates Increase
- Gas Prices Lower
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Thousands of Letter Openers From Around The World On Display
- Jerky Treats Harming Pets
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles