Shooting At High Springs Community School
A 63 year old man was shot at High Springs Community School at 1015 North Main Street in High Springs this afternoon.
Robert Nodine, of High Springs, was shot and then taken to a hospital.
Police say they shot an armed man who showed up at the school.
Alachua County sheriff's deputies and High Springs police were involved in the confrontation.
Alachua County public schools spokeswoman Jackie Johnson says
the state Department of Children and Families had asked school
officials not to release two students Wednesday afternoon.
The relative showed up at the school, angry and carrying a weapon.
Johnson said no students were in danger. The school was briefly
placed on lockdown.
All students are safe, and are now being evacuated through the school's back entrance.
- Community Thanks Heroes in High Spring's School Shooting
- Two hero officers honored at High Springs Community School
- High Springs Shooting
- K-9 Unit at High Springs School
- High Springs celebrates the start of the school year
- Community Supports Injured High School Athlete #PrayForCole
- A Community Mourns The Death of Two Bradford High School Teens
- Third victim dies in Chardon High School Shooting
- Following shooting, extra security for high school basketball game
- Attorney Says Boy Did Not Intend To Shoot Anyone During High School Shooting