Tire Technician told to hit the road
The wheels came off the wagon a little too often, so a tire technician has been told to hit the road.
Investigators found that 41-year-old Bobby Land, who worked with Marion County school buses, was removing slightly-used tires and selling them.
They say he cashed-in on more than 230 tires, valued at $55,000.
Wednesday, the school board fired him.
Land was charged with dealing in stolen property last month. The tire shop that bought some of the tires has since closed.
- National Tire Safety Week Puts Pressure on Drivers to Be, "Tire Smart"
- Alachua County is Home to the Oldest Active Bomb Squad Technician in the Country
- Lake Butler Teen Hit By Car On State Road 121
- Nations Park Hits Road Blocks
- Roadwork About to Hit Busy Road
- Woman Dies After Being Hit By A Car On Archer Road
- Pedestrian Hit In The Road
- Ocala being told to "leaf" the trees alone
- Tire Thief Arrested- Again
- Man Arrested for Riding on Three Tires and Fleeing Accident