Trouble at school leads to abuse at home for two children...
Two North Central Florida mothers arrested for child abuse....both incidents occurred after the children got into trouble at school.
A High Springs mother was arrested and charged with aggravated child abuse after deputies say she burned her six year old son's finger on the stove. The child told investigators it has happened more than once and said, "If I get on red, I got to put my hand on the stove." Referring to the color system used by his school to indicate student behavior for the day(green means good behavior and red means behavioral issues).
A Gainesville mother was also arrested after spanking her 10 year old daughter with a belt. Deputies say the girl had bruises on her face and arms. The mother admitted to spanking her on her back with the belt after she got in trouble at school for wandering the hallways. But explained the child was moving around during the spanking, saying she might have missed the child's back and that's why there were other marks. Investigators say there was evidence of past abuse.
For child abuse prevention information and parenting tips visit Your text to link...
- Latest Developments In The Abuse Allegations Against Employees At Two Group Homes
- Two Children Briefly Abducted From Levy County Elementary School
- Guardians for Local Neglected and Abused Children
- Death of Son, Leads to New Foundation and Future Children's Hospital
- Two Men and A Truck Helps Moms of Domestic Abuse and Homelessness
- Two Men Charged with Abusing, Neglecting Their Mother
- Two Men Charged with Abusing Elderly Mother
- School in Trouble
- Facebook Photo Leads to Arrest of Two Alleged Gang Members
- Care Home Abuse