Alachua County Forever Timber Harvesting Plan
A plan to harvest timber on Alachua County Forever properties was approved by County Commissioners today, with specific parameters.
Planted pine on the preserved properties has to be maintained for the health of the forest.
And the trees cut down to do that, can be sold for a profit. But as approved in the plan, the reason for harvesting has to be conservaton, and money made by selling timber will go right back to maintaining and improving the properties.
Commissioners also voted to include "salvage cut rules" in each property's individual management plan, in case of an emergency.
- Alachua County Educators Plan Rally
- Alachua County Commissioners Formally Discuss Plans for New Biomass Plant
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- Alachua County Commissioners Respond to the Koppers Clean Up Plan
- Gainesville-Alachua County Hunger Summit Plan
- Gainesville/Alachua County's 10-Year plan to end homelessness- Part 1
- Gainesville/Alachua County's 10-Year plan to end homelessness- Part 2
- A Community Forever Changed
- Plans and Workshops Over Plum Creek Envision Alachua
- Newnans Lake Fish Harvest