"Badland" Wildfire Still Going Strong
The "Badland" Levy county fire is in the Goethe State Forest. The fire is at more than 2000 acres and going strong.
Today's thunderstorms and strong winds spurred the flames causing flying embers and spot fires along County Road 337.
But now that the winds have died down, the mandatory evacuations ordered earlier today have been lifted.
The wildfire is still very serious, but the edge of it has been somewhat contained.
The Red Cross is ready to assist families at the First Baptist Church in Bronson.
For more information from the Division of Forestry visit Fire Updates.
- Firefighters Still Fighting Wildfire In Columbia County
- Arizona Wildfire to Keep Growing Amid Strong Winds
- Confusion Plaguing "Obamacare" Still Major Hurdle in Florida
- Wildfire Then, Wildfire Now?
- AG Strongly Criticizes Stand-Your-Ground Laws
- Marion Co. Strong Arm Robbery Suspect Caught
- Gainesville Mayor Describes City as Strong but Struggling in Address
- Louisville Head Coach Charlie Strong in Familiar Territory
- Democratic Chair Steps Down 'While Party is Strong'
- Help Others Find Their Strong Suit