Bubble Gum Bandit Hits Four Gas Stations
A bold robber decided he wanted more than just gas from several stations.
He went on a robbery spree hitting four locations in less than 24 hours.
All four gas stations had surveillance cameras and three of the four were less than a three miles from one another.
The suspect, 28 year old Erik Burger pretended to make a small purchase, like a pack of bubble gum, then while the register was open demanded the cash inside.
Gainesville Police Department arrested burger for the string of robberies at 9:30 this morning but they have not released how much he got away.
Burger was released from jail last year for robbery and his motivation was feeding his drug habit.
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- Bad Weather Takes Out Gas Station Pumps
- Armed robbery of a Texaco Gas Station in Ocala caught on camera
- Gas Station Robbed at Gunpoint
- Man Disrupts Gas Station, Resists Officers
- First Compressed Natural Gas Station in Marion County
- Gas Station Robbery in Gainesville
- Baseball Bat Saves the Day in Attempted Ocala Gas Station Robbery
- Gas Station Donations Lead to Crime Fighting Canine
- Proposed Gas Station Fuels Neighbors' Anger