Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
"Caretaker" Exploits Elderly Man
He was supposed to be a caretaker. But police say a Gainesville man was really stealing from an 81 year victim to fund his drug habit.
59 year old Ronald Clayton Hawk admitted to police that he stole around $50 thousand dollars from the elderly man he has been entrusted to care for since May 2009. Over the last two years, Hawk admits to intimidating the victim in order to use his debit card...draining money on a regular basis to buy prescription drugs.
Hawk is charged with felony exploitation of an elderly adult.
- Elderly Man Assaulted
- Disabled Elderly Man Robbed, Then Left For Dead
- Beaten Elderly Man's Family Speaks About His Recovery
- Neighbor Saves Elderly Man from Apartment Fire
- Man Beats Up Two Elderly People After they Refuse to Buy Hair Clippers
- Elderly Man Badly Burned in Fire
- Man Accused of Overcharging Elderly Woman
- Adult Care Center Owner In Williston Charged With Abuse & Exploitation
- Caretaker Arrested for Abuse
- Man Accused of Animal Abuse says "I'm not a bad guy"