Deadly Crash Through Front Door
A man died around noon Monday, after driving his jeep straight into a Jonesville home. Investigators believe the driver died within sight of his own home.
"I don't see a car, it must be all the way inside," said Don Price, who lives in the Arbor Green subdivision in Jonesville.
"I was going out for a bike ride, and saw the commotion. We live over on the other street, I had no idea what was going on until I asked," he said.
Roger Heckman, 59, is dead. His car went straight through a stop sign at the intersection of NW 134th way, and 5th Lane, and through the front door of a vacant house-directly across the street from his own home.
"That's probably one in a million," said Michael Todd of the Florida Highway Patrol.
According to FHP, Heckman did not appear to be injured from the impact.
"He may have had a health issue while he was driving---for some reason passed away while he was driving and drove into the house," he said.
Troopers say no one saw what happened.
"There were no witnesses to the crash, but people did hear the crash, came out, saw what happened, and called 911" he said.
FHP investigators say they do not suspect alcohol or drugs to be involved in the case, but they're waiting on an autopsy to give the final cause of death.
Heckman's wife was at work when the accident occurred, and investigators say she's in the process of contacting family. Heckman worked from home.
- Door to Door Scams Sweep Through the Area
- Archer Man Shot Woman After She Kicked Down His Front Door
- Would-be Robber Attempts to Enter Home Through Doggy Door
- 2 Dead in Fiery Crash Near Jacksonville
- 3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
- 2 dead in Suwannee County crash
- Deadly Crash on US 301 in Hawthorne
- Deadly Head-On Crash In Marion County
- One Dead in Plane Crash
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash