Drug Abuse in Palatka, 33 Arrest Warrants Issued
The wanted list is long. More than 30 people, both young and old, face serious charges involving narcotics in Putnam County. Palatka's police chief Gary Getchell revealed "Operation Dirty Thirty" Wednesday afteroon and said 22 out of the 33 Palatka residents wanted have already been arrested. The arrests come after 3 months of undercover drug stings including everything from street level drug sales to a narcotic delivery service. Police officers said the drugs abused include cocaine, hydrocodone, and oxycodone. Getchell said the arrests serve as a reminder of a growing prescription drug abuse problem.
"Prescription pills, here is what I'm being told by not just law enforcement but by people in the community that have relatives or friends who have been victims of prescription pills, everybody is doing it or knows somebody close to them that is involved in prescription pill trade," said Getchell.
The other 11 are still wanted but 1 person was expected to turn himself in. Coming up on TV20 news at 11, we'll hear from community leaders who said the problem even in small town America is very real.
Those arrested in connection with "Operation Dirty Thirty" are following:
David Adams, Michael Appling, Fanny Black, Melissa Broadway, Kenneth Brown, Virgil Burns, Harry Davis, Dustin Estrella, Robert Hulberg, Jared Jones, Larontae Kennon, Frankie Lawson, Alvin Lee, William Leonard, Elliot Lewis, Paul Lofties, Craig Maxwell, Marvin Medders, John Pollock, Rhonda Todd, Amanda Whetstone, and Samuel Williams.
As of Wednesday afternoon, the following were still wanted:
Stefan Burns, William Crespo, Brittany Durden, Lavoris Higginbotham, Timothy Kelly, Dominique Robinson, Cavious Sanders, Darrick Young, and 3 individuals whose identities weren't released.
- Search Warrants Lead to Arrests and Drug Seizures
- Death Warrant Issued for Askari Abdullah Muhammad
- Arrest Warrant for Ocala Woman Charged with Second Degree Murder
- Suspect Arrested on Sexual Battery Warrant
- Deputies Serve 17th Warrant Arrest On Alachua County Man
- Palatka Man Arrested for Meth Possession
- Warrant Cruise Arrest
- A Stroll Through One Belleview Neighborhood Ends in Animal Abuse Arrest
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse
- Suspect Arrested in Putnam County Animal Abuse Case