Good Idea, Bad Location
The decision has been made, but the debate seems to be growing. A room full of people say Alachua County Commissioners are making a big mistake by approving a veterans housing facility near the Newberry exit of I-75.
Business owners, residents, and veterans made their arguments about the commissions approval of the veterans housing location planned for the corner of Newberry and Tower roads. It lasted two hours before comment ceased, but the talking is far from over.
Alachua County commissioner Lee Pinkoson opposed the special exception permit for the location of the veterans facility, along with Susan Baird June 14th. In a 3 to 2 vote, the location was approved and if this goes through, Pinkoson says the county may be looking at a bigger problem than location
Commissioners were advised by the county lawyer, David Schwartz not to comment for legal purposes.
However at the end of public comment commissioner Mike Byerly said, "were not going to be running the facility, we can't provide all the answers, it's a VA operation and my assumption is that they know what they're doing."
Any appeals must be made within 30 days of the approval on June 14th.
- Good Grades For Students May Not Translate Into Good Report Cards For Schools
- Expert Presents Ideas on Restoring the Gulf Coast
- Creative Do It Yourself Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Valentine's Day Craft Ideas
- Holiday and Special Event Craft Ideas with Dawn Girtman
- Creative Graduation Gift Ideas
- Gift Ideas For Moms and Grads
- Ideas From the Design Diva for Dads and Teachers
- Design Diva's Ideas for Weddings and Baby Showers
- Healthy Breakfast Ideas