Hawthorne Celebrates 79th Annual Reunion
It's not football season, but it is time for Homecoming in one North Central Florida town.
Some came as far as Minnesota. Others Texas.
In all, more than 200 friends, family, and neighbors gathered for one reason...to celebrate their Hawthorne heritage.
Hawthorne's 79th annual Homecoming celebration kicked off its weekend festivities today.
The opening ceremony included Bar-B-Q dinners, gospel singing, and praise dancing.
Hometown residents say this weekend is one they would not miss.
The festival ends on Saturday. It's open to the public.
- Military Family From Live Oak Reunited Overseas
- Happy Homecoming for Gainesville Soldier
- Man & Dog Happily Reunited
- 10th Annual Celebration of Biotechnology
- Archer celebrates annual Yulee Day
- Eighth Annual Juneteenth Celebration
- 2nd annual All Saints' Day celebration
- Movies Hitting the Theaters This Week
- U.S. 301 in Hawthorne Closing for a Week
- Hawthorne Man Arrested in Connection to Human Trafficking Case