Man Rescued from Ditch at Brick City Park
A 34-year-old man was seriously injured after he fell more than 30 feet into a quarry at Brick City Park in Ocala Sunday.
According to police reports, another man was hiking at the park when he heard a cell phone ring. He followed the sound which pointed him to the bottom of a deep ditch. There he noticed a man laying face down. Once police arrived, they made their way down the steep path. William Jason Stahl of Ocala was conscious but unable to speak. His head was lying on large rocks, the report states.
Ocala Police, Marion County Fire Rescue and Ocala Fire Rescue worked to pull the man from the quarry.
Stahl was flown to Shands with life threatening injuries. Stahl's girlfriend told police he would often go rock climbing at the park.
- Woman Returns from Work to Find Her Brick Driveway Was Stolen
- Man's Body Found in Ditch
- Lake City Man Waiting for Help from FEMA
- Woman Rescued from Car in Lake
- Woman Rescued From Burning Home
- 517 Cats Rescued From Sanctuary in North Central Florida
- Retired Race Horse Rescued from Neglect
- Dog Rescued From Adventure on Edge of Quarry
- Horses Taken from Rescue Farm
- Dog Rescue Group Receives $20,000 Grant from Humane Society