Shands Hospital for Children in Gainesville Sneak Peak
Saturday families were at sea during a sneak peak of latest addition to the Shands Hospital for Children in Gainesville.
The new ocean-themed pediatric emergency room will be opening on July first. The nautical design includes fish tanks, porthole windows and walls and furniture designed to simulate waves. State-of-the-art equipment has been scaled down for use on younger patients.
Development and construction of the new emergency room was made possible thanks to a $500,000 donation from the Sebastian Ferrero Foundation. The new facility is equipped to treat up to 24 thousand patients a year.
- Shands Children's Hospital Among Best in Nation
- "Sweet" Fundraiser Benefits Dance Marathon & Shands Hospital for Children
- UF Shands Children's Hospital Opens New Entrance
- Children's Hospital in Gainesville Makes Cents
- Shands Hospital is Building New Hotel For Families and Patients
- New Shands Cancer Hospital
- Construction Nearing Completion at New Shands Cancer Hospital
- SHANDS HOSPITAL TURNS 50
- University of Florida Police and Shands Sponsor Children's Bike Rodeo
- ShandsCair Offers New Ambulance for Children