USO Jeep Tour Stops in Gainesville
You may have seen a 1952 Willy's jeep being driven around Gainesville today making stops at Kangaroo gas stations. The fully restored jeep is helping raise awareness for the Salute Our Troops fundraiser. They are on a mission to raise one million dollars between memorial and labor day.
Drew Stipe with USO's Jeep Crew says, "so far the reaction has been really well people enjoy having the jeep out there the historical piece that it is you know 1952 willis its always fun to see people come up with random stories and their always excited to share one or two with us."
The money raised in Florida will benefit the Wounded Warriors Project in Jacksonville and the local National Guard Family Readiness programs.
- Vice Presidential Hopeful, Paul Ryan Makes Victory Tour Stop in Ocala
- Driver Escapes after Haile Plantation Sinkhole Swallows Jeep
- Gainesville Gets a Guided Tour of the Aids Crisis in Africa
- Gainesville Tour Of Kitchens
- 5th Grader "Citizens of the Month" Tour City of Gainesville
- Howard Bishop Teachers Tour East Gainesville
- Herman Cain Stops by Gainesville
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- McCain Veteran Victory Bus Stops In Gainesville
- Gainesville Man Stopped for Seat Belt Violation, Arrested for Drug Possession