Wildfire Then, Wildfire Now?
As wildfires blaze in some North Central Florida Counties, their impending danger looms in others. The City of Waldo had a threatening fire run towards it's city limits in June of 1998, which burned nearly 7,000 acres of land, evacuating residents. Firefighters say they got lucky, only one structure was hit then, and the weather conditions are similar to those thirteen years ago. The possibility of another may be among them.
- Local Wildfires Keep Burn Ban in Effect: Clay County Blaze Now Burning
- Helping Prevent Wildfires
- Preventing Wildfires This Spring
- Wildfire Risk May Increase
- Marion County Preparing For Wildfires
- Wildfire Threatened Homes in Alachua County
- Dangerous Wildfire Season Predicted
- Orange Lake Wildfire
- Homes Threatened By Wildfire
- "Badland" Wildfire Still Going Strong