11 Burglaries on the Rap Sheets of Would-Be-Rappers
They were looking for rap careers, but now have 11 burglaries on their rap sheets. Jacksonville police busted five men, who they suspect are part of a crime ring that's been hitting Best Buy stores around North Florida since January.
One of those stores was in Gainesville on May 23rd, when police say the suspects used a sledgehammer to bust into the building, stealing $55,000 dollars worth of Apple products.
Three men were arrested on Friday in Jacksonville as police staked out a Best Buy they reportedly tried to break into: Jeffrey Lamont Platts, William David Alonzo, Demarco Varnes-Appling.
Two others were busted earlier in the investigation: James Beal & Billy Alexander.
A sixth man: Breyon Fidell Gilbert is still wanted by police.
Authorities say they haven't yet proven if the Gainesville Best Buy break in is related, but that it does fit the pattern.
- Raffy Raps Live At His Rally
- Alachua County Charges Against Rapper Dropped ... For Now
- Rapper Plies Won't Pay
- Community Rallies Behind Streetside Rapper After He Was Beaten by Driver
- Rapper in Court
- Would-be Robber Attempts to Enter Home Through Doggy Door
- Police: Would-Be Robber Clinging to Life
- Poe Springs Could Stop Flowing - No Swimming Would Be Allowed
- Would-Be Robber caught by Sock Left Behind
- Would-be Burglar Killed By Police