33-Year-Old Autistic Man Locked Out By His Mom
A Lake City mother told deputies she locked her son out of the house while she went to work so he wouldn't eat all the food. Her son, is 33-years-old and has autism. The mother and her boyfriend face felony charges. Neighbors say they rarely saw the man, but one of the times they did, he was digging through the garbage, that ended on Tuesday.
Tricia Ford and Clay Fussell live nearby. They saw the victim walking his dog every now and then, but never suspected he was being starved, until one week ago.
Ford says, "i didn't know if he had something in his hand he was eating or if he was literally taking stuff out of the garbage and eating it and i mean i was going to go down there but by the time i got up here and told him about it i didn't know where he had went."
The man told a DCF investigator he was given chores to do around the yard by his mother Tracy Comstock, and her boyfriend, Kenneth Stewart. He showed deputies a pile of sticks he'd gathered.
The nearly six foot tall man weighed only 119 pounds. He asked investigators for hamburgers, fries, onion rings and cookies.
If it hadn't been for the anonymous call, he could still be sitting, waiting, starving. The man was treated at Shands at Lake Shore and released without any serious issues. He is now in the care of DCF which, following the investigation, will either place him in an alternative home or possibly back with his mother.
- 33-year-old man shot and killed in Silver Springs home
- Mom shot by 4-year-old son in Putnam County
- 16-Year-Old Shot and Killed at His Home in Palatka
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot
- 106-year-old Williston Man Votes
- 104-year-old Man Celebrates Birthday
- Man Arrested for Prostituting 14-year-old Girl
- Belleview Man Accused Of Raping 13-Year-Old
- Man Accused of Sex with 14-Year-Old, Two Spoke Through App
- 68-Year-Old Man Stops Robbery