"Bob's River Place" Open For Play As Usual
The people spoke and Dixie County Commissioners listened. Bob's river place on the Suwannee River is open for good, while working on meeting building and zoning requirements.
Since our report one month ago, there's been a lot of confusion on Bob's status which not only affected a nearby business but upset Bob's regulars.
As the only establishment for miles, Rockbluff General Store in Bell is where manager, Barbara Falk, says all of bob's goer's load up on goodies.
Falk says, business has slowed ever since the county threatened to close bobs, until it met all building and zoning requirements
Residents pleaded to keep it open, and it worked.
Conie Lantroop and her son Lonnie have been coming to Bob's for six years. Lantroop says she and other families who call this place home, will help Bob keep this attraction up and running.
Hawkins says he's already applied for the special exception permit and is waiting for a list from the zoning department of "little things" he'll have to fix, like adding railings to the boardwalks and making others taller.
After "Bob's" meets the Department of Health's requirements, the building and zoning department will do a full safety assessment of the attraction, all the while, it will be open.
- "Bob's River Place" Will Stay Open Upon Meeting Permits
- Residents Fight to Keep "Bob's River Place" Open
- River Place injury
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot
- Community Supports Injured High School Athlete #PrayForCole
- Bob's River Place Waits For "To-Do List"
- Gainesville City Hall to open on Fridays
- Children's Play Area Opens At Santa Fe Zoo
- Grace Market Place Starting Opening Stays This Month
- Grace Market Place Overnight Shelter Opening Leaves Some in Tents