Build Green To Save Green
By going green homeowners can save green.
That's one of the take away messages of a seminar that's designed to educate home builders about policies and programs they can use to help create a more sustainable community.
More and more homeowners want to move in to a space that is energy efficient and lessens their impact on the environment.
But homeowners don't always know where to begin, and that's where the Alachua County Growth Management office steps in.
The county acknowledges that energy saving measures can cost a little extra up front, but they can also meet a market demand that could help jump-start a slumping housing market.
Today the seminar discussed ways builders can design homes that save water, energy, use recyclable building materials and have a low impact on the environment.
If you want more information about sustainable building and steps you can take in your own home visit Alachua County.
- Going Green to Save some Green
- Growing Green To Save Green
- Can Going Green Save You Some Green?
- Going Green, Saving Green?
- Looking to Energy-Saving Measures to Save Alachua County Schools Money
- 9-1-1 callers save time, while Marion County saves money
- Saving Energy For Shands, Saving Money for the City
- Green Ride Program
- Greening The Gator Nation And Extending Service
- Gainesville's Environmental Film and Arts Festival Focuses on Becoming More "Green"