City Takes Closer Look at Gainesville Housing Authority
The Gainesville Housing Authority has some serious financial problems and city commissioners are taking a closer look at why.
A $1.3 million dollar shortfall in this year’s budget means Section 8 tenants have to pay more for their housing. The information requested is Section 8 program guidelines, recent financial statements and a report about exactly why tenant contributions were increased.
The Gainesville Housing Authority has until July 25th to turn over the information.
- Woman Dies In House Fire; Authorities Looking For Person Of Interest
- Gainesville Housing Authority Chooses New Executive Director
- Gainesville Housing Authority Feeling the Heat
- Gainesville Housing Authority Faces Million Dollar Shortfall
- Authorities May Be One Step Closer To Catching Their Suspect
- A Closer Look at the Citra Home
- Gainesville City Manager Looking for Candidates to Fill Police Chief Position
- Gainesville Mayor Looks Back, As City Prepares For Changes
- Authorities In Marion County Looking For Thieves Who Stole Car And Credit Cards
- City of Hawthorne closer to annexation