DNA Evidence Leads to Arrest of Archer Man
He put his blood, sweat, and tears into his work...and thanks to that, Alachua County Deputies were able to arrest him.
Sheriff's deputies say DNA evidence led them to David Allen Holt of Archer.
Officials say back in 2009, Holt burglarized a storage unit in Southwest Alachua County, stealing a stereo out a boat.
There were no eyewitnesses or fingerprints, but deputies say Holt left behind some blood.
They took a swab of his blood and sent it to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Labs to have the DNA extracted.
Holt's blood was in a national law enforcement DNA database and matched the sample taken from the crime scene.
Holt is being held on $60 thousand dollars bond in the Alachua County jail. He's being charged with four counts of grand theft and burglary.
- DNA Evidence Leads to Arrest of Suspect in Haile Rape Case
- DNA Tests Lead to 1983 Sex Offender
- Police: Man Tries To Elude Cops By Eating Evidence
- Arrest Made in Archer Hit-And-Run Death
- Archer Man Shot Woman After She Kicked Down His Front Door
- Archer Man Accused of Molesting Child
- Man Crashes Into Archer Rd. Walmart
- Search Warrants Lead to Arrests and Drug Seizures
- Home Invasion Plan Leads To Several Resident Arrest
- Truck Stop Incident Leads To Arrest