GRU's Proposed Budget Sees Decrease in Electricity costs/Increase in Water
GRU customers may see a slight drop in electric and natural gas prices, but don't get too excited...your overall bill could be higher because water and waste water prices are expected to go up.
GRU will present its proposed budget to the Gainesville City Commission tomorrow.
According to a breakdown of an average GRU bill, electric costs will decrease by 15 cents, while natural gas prices see a dip by 82 cents.
However, water prices will rise by more than a dollar, and wastewater prices by nearly two dollars.
GRU officials say rising water costs are partly due to the economy.
- The Hippodrome could see cuts under Gov. Scott's proposed budget
- Proposed electric rate decrease
- GRU's Busiest Time
- GRU's GM asks for biomass renegotiations
- GRU's Future
- Ahead of Rate Increases, GRU Customers To See Slight Decline in Next Two Bills
- GRU Budget Proposal Raises Questions
- GRU staff present proposed budget for FY 2016
- Proposed GRU Budget Includes "Modest" Rate Hike
- Ronald McDonald House Sees Decrease in Donations