GRU's Proposed Budget Sees Decrease in Electricity costs/Increase in Water
GRU customers may see a slight drop in electric and natural gas prices, but don't get too excited...your overall bill could be higher because water and waste water prices are expected to go up.
GRU will present its proposed budget to the Gainesville City Commission tomorrow.
According to a breakdown of an average GRU bill, electric costs will decrease by 15 cents, while natural gas prices see a dip by 82 cents.
However, water prices will rise by more than a dollar, and wastewater prices by nearly two dollars.
GRU officials say rising water costs are partly due to the economy.
- Proposed electric rate decrease
- The Hippodrome could see cuts under Gov. Scott's proposed budget
- GRU's Busiest Time
- GRU's Future
- Ahead of Rate Increases, GRU Customers To See Slight Decline in Next Two Bills
- GRU Budget Proposal Raises Questions
- Proposed GRU Budget Includes "Modest" Rate Hike
- GRU Breaks Electricity Demand Record
- GRU Rates Decrease
- GRU Fuel Decrease