Higher Millage Rates in Alachua County?
They say they want wiggle room within the budget and that means you could be paying higher taxes.
Today Alachua County Commissioners voted to raise all county millage rates.
Chair Lee Pinkoson and Commissioner Susan Baird voted no on the increase, which is still tentative at this point.
The final millage rates won't be set until September, but there was discussion on the budget as a whole today. With all constitutional officers, except the sheriff, represented at the meeting.
County Manager Randall Reid said, "The three of them who are required to set up simple majority have set millage rates high enough that they can adjust to anything that comes up between now and September. A lot of that has to do with the sheriff's request..."
If the millage rates were kept at the same level as this year, then there would be $2 million dollars less brought in. The tentative rates are higher than what the county manager recommended last week.
- Alachua County Millage Rate Increase
- County Millage Rates Discussed at Commission Meeting
- Who are the Inmates Working Around Alachua County?
- Possible dogfighting in Alachua County?
- Millage Rate Set To Increase
- Teen Birth Rate Higher In The U.S. Than Many Other Developed Countries
- Millage Increase Could Help Alachua Schools Out of Budget Deficit
- Homeless Rates Up in Alachua, Columbia County
- Alachua County has the Fourth Highest STD Rates in the State
- Mosquitos Invade Gilchrist County?