Horse Struggles To Survive Possible Abuse
In Micanopy one organization is racing against the clock to save a horse that they say is the victim of severe animal cruelty.
Morgan Silver of the horse protection association says she's not sure she can save a mare named Polo.
Polo is dehydrated, emaciated and has open sores that cover her body.
She was taken from the home of a man named Chris Brown of Chiefland.
Brown told a Levy County Sheriff's deputy that he rescued the horse a month and a half ago from Hawthorne and the deputy decided to drop the case.
But Monday morning the sheriff's office says they were contacted by Silver with new information that could reopen the investigation.
- St. Bernard Pup Struggling To Survive
- "Grief is Unbearable!"- Vet Who Injected Horses with Possible Lethal Compoud:
- Abused Horses
- Abused Horses Reward
- Trial Begins for Horse Abuse Case
- UF Veterinarian: I Survived Cancer and I Help Dogs Survive It, Too
- Horses Helping Horses event raises money for horses in need
- UF Researchers Developing a Prostate Cancer Care and Survival Model
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- Surviving The Night