Investigation into Alachua County Commission
It's now technically an "investigation." The State Attorney's Office review of whether there were sunshine law violations during certain Alachua County Commission meetings has changed.
Spencer Mann of the State Attorney's Office says the "review" has become an "investigation." Although that does not necessarily imply any wrongdoing. The change means that investigators will be able to use additional legal tools to look into the allegations.
Critics say the commission has violated sunshine laws by formulating a consensus on issues during informal "discussions" held before formal meetings.
- Staff Recommends County Commission Deny Plum Creek Plan
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- Alachua County Commission Advances Wage Theft Ordinance
- County Commission Reverses Original Decision, Approves Archer Braid Trail Through Haile Plantation
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- County Commission Votes in Favor of Budget Cuts to Community Agency Partnership Program
- County Commission Approves Interlocal Agreement
- Alachua County: Cornell Wins Commission Seat
- District Four Candidate Makes Alachua County All Democratic Commission
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse