Law Library Moves to New Location and New Managment
For those of you want to know how to file an appeal, draw up a will, learn about your rights as a tenant, or find out if you can file for bankruptcy...
Library officials say they're making it easier for you.
The John A. Murphree Law Library -- currently housed in the Alachua County Courthouse, Family and Civil Justice Center --will move across the street to the downtown library headquarters and be placed under the management of the Alachua County Library District.
Officials say the transfer will give residents greater access to the legal collection.
Thursday, Alachua County library officials will sign a "Memorandum of Understanding" making the library transfer official.
Though the library will be under different management, it will continue to be funded by court fees.
Officials say they hope to have the collection moved by September 1st.
- New Library and Neighborhood Resource Center Opens in Alachua County
- UF Law Associate Appointed to Water Management Board
- Manager From Hospital that Treated Sexually Abused Dog Wants Law Changed
- Alachua Humane Society Gets Brand New Location
- New Funding May Push Fairground Location Decision
- New Location for Supervisor of Elections Office
- New location for G-R-U sewage
- New Prison Location
- Florida Move Over Law Survey
- Move Over Law Crackdown