Midnight Vote on Plans for NW 16th Avenue and NW 23rd Avenue
Just before midnight Tuesday night, Alachua county commissioners finally agreed to move forward with resurfacing plans of NW 16th Ave and NW 23rd Ave.
Commissioners voted for a plan that will narrow inside lanes and allow room for bicycles on outside lanes. The plans will widen sidewalks to 10 feet where possible and cost effective.
For a full report including why bicyclists are split on whether they'd ride on the road, watch the video on the right side of the page.
- Plan finalized for Nw 16th Avenue
- Changes on the way for NW 16th Avenue in Gainesville
- 16th Avenue work continues with minor delays
- Commission Report- Recyling Waste, 16th Ave Plans, and CHOICES
- New Development in Northwest Gainesville? City Commission Plans To Vote Tonight
- BOCC votes not to transmit Envision Alachua Plan to the state; seek further discussion
- Tax Free Weekend Begins at Midnight as Parents Buy School Supplies
- Potholes Fixed on Northwest 23rd Corridor
- Petition to stop future detours on 23rd street
- 23rd Annual Hall of Fame Banquet