Moving Forward To Conserve The Past
It is hard to move forward without first taking a step back.
Plum Creek Timber gave the Putnam Land Conservancy and city of Hawthorne a ten thousand dollar check to help with continuing education efforts.
The money will be used to build an exhibit at the Little Orange Creek Nature Park that talks about the city of Hawthorne's history.
The park actually sits on the land, original settlers founded the town on.
In addition to the pavilion, the park has several acres of land, horse trails and historic mills to explore.
The 4.5 million dollar conservation effort was funded through grants, but ongoing projects are needed and will be paid for through donations.
- Wage Theft Bill Moves Past House Judiciary Panel
- Texting While Driving Ban Moves Forward
- Four Day School Week Moving Forward
- Seath Jackson Murder Case Moving Forward
- UF Moves Forward With Reitz Union Renovation Despite Funding Gap
- Byerly, Martin, Hutchinson Move Forward to November Elections
- Reitz Union Expansion Plan Moving Forward
- City Moves Forward With Poe Springs Plan
- $179,000 Alachua County Jail Study Moves Forward
- County commission still moving forward with study