One Year Later, Still No Answers
One year ago today, a 96-year old Newberry woman was robbed and brutally beaten in her home in broad daylight. Lila Leach was discovered by her youngest daughter Elaine May and was transported to the hospital. Leach never recovered from the attack, and died seven weeks later.
TV 20 sat down with Leach's two daughters, Marilyn Black and Elaine May, as well as her grandaughter, Karen Black, this afternoon. The family is pleading for justice.
Lead detective on the case, Heather Phillips, says there is no new information. However, evidence has been sent to another location with more advanced technology, in hopes of finding something.
Anyone with any information, however insignificant it may seem, is asked to contact crime stoppers at (352) 372-7867.
- 4 Years Later, Still No Answers
- Years Later, One Airman Returned to Service
- One Month Later and Still No Answers In Williston Murder
- One Year After FBI Raid of Gainesville Clinic and Still no Answers
- Months Later, Tent City Still A Messy Situation
- 6 years later, disappearance of Haleigh Cummings remains cold
- Two Years Later, Alachua County's Airboat Noise Ordinance Goes Unenforced
- 2 Years Later, No Arrests Made In Homicide
- 25 years later, memories of Gainesville student murders remain
- Still Searching for Haleigh Cummings 3 years Later