Right Place, Right Time...Cop Catches Child Abuse
A Gainesville cop was in the right place at the right time early this morning...to save a child in the wrong place.
While investigating a home invasion robbery on Northeast 1st Terrace, the officer heard screaming coming from the house next door. He walked toward the house and says he saw Anita Renea Smith hitting an eight year old girl with a belt.
The officer says Smith also hit a 12 year old boy and was screaming at the children.
Smith was arrested and charged with two counts of child abuse.
- Grace Market Place Running Out of Time and Money
- Right Time to Buy?
- Right Choice, Wrong Time?
- Woman Charged With Child Abuse, After Suffocating 2-Month-Old Baby
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse
- Child Abuse Arrest
- Juvenile Correctional Facility Employee Accused of Child Abuse
- Motorcylists Ride To Raise Money For Child Abuse Victims
- Child Abuse Cases In Levy County
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested