50-Year-Old Dunnellon Grandmother Found Shot To Death In Her Driveway
Neighbors are in shock after a 50-year-old grandmother was found shot to death in her driveway.
According to the Marion County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to a call just before 11am Wednesday of a truck on fire. Once the fire was put out, a deputy traced the address to the owner of the vehicle which led them to a home in the Westwood Acres North Community in Dunnellon. When the deputy arrived, he found 50-year-old Linda Jean Cage lying in the driveway, she'd been shot to death.
Neighbors say an ex-husband may be involved. Lisa Gourlay is a neighbor and says the ex-husband had visitation with their grandchildren. Gourlay says, "i've heard some things but I don't want to speculate about what did actually happen because there's no proof to actually what happened now,"
Detectives questioned neighbors who say they didn't hear or see anything. In fact, her daughter and grandchildren were home at the time of the murder and had no idea it happened until deputies informed them.
Cage leaves behind three children, seven grandchildren, and a son with special needs she had adopted a while ago.
Anyone with information is asked to contact lead detective Rhonda Stroup at the Marion County Sheriff's Office at (352) 369-6845.
- Levy County House Fires Kills 10 Year Old and her Great Grandmother
- 18-year-old fatally shot in Clay County home robbery
- 16-Year-Old Shot and Killed at His Home in Palatka
- 18-Year-Old Shot and Killed in Suwannee
- 82 Year-Old Shot and Killed while Sleeping
- 33-year-old man shot and killed in Silver Springs home
- Mom shot by 4-year-old son in Putnam County
- Police recommend misdemeanor charge for mother shot by 4-year-old
- 'Day of Healing' planned in honor of 16-year-old shot, killed
- Community celebrates life of 16-year-old shot and killed by law enforcement