A Bump In The Road Causes Just That
Starting today Southwest 2nd Avenue is closed to drivers from 34th Street to 28th Terrace in Gainesville.
It's one of the most popular ways for students to get to UF's campus.
but now, just a week before fall classes start, drivers will have to find another way.
Florida's Department of Transportation is overseeing the project and has projected it will be finished by this Friday, ahead of the start of classes.
If weather or other delays prove problematic, more detours may be needed.
Southwest 2nd Avenue will be closed from 34th Street to 28th Terrace from 9am to 4pm, with additional Eastbound lane closures overnight.
FDOT says there are clear detours marked around the area.
- Fire Causes Road Closures in Bradford County
- Fires Causing Road Closures
- Paul Ryan Visit Will Cause Road Closures
- Marion County Brush Fire Closes Roads, Causes Evacuations
- Residents Want Speed Bumps Before Accident Happens
- County OK's Bump Up In Pay for Possible New County Manager
- Answers To Hurricane Season, Just A Click Away
- State Sales Tax Holiday is Just Around the Corner
- "Just the Tip of the Iceberg" in Skimmer Case
- Verdict in Hawthorne Murder Trial Could Be Just A Day Away...