Funeral Services For Quadruple Murder Victims
A community came together to say goodbye to the four victims who were fatally shot and left in a burning home in Ocala last Friday.
Marion county deputies arrested 31-year-old James Edward Bannister early Thursday morning and charged him with four counts of murder and arson.
Bannister is sitting in the Marion county jail with no bond, while the father of the two murdered children, Willie Hill, along with his 20-year-old son, Cordarrell , were given furlough to attend the victim's funeral.
As one family celebrated the young lives taken too soon, the other , says they can't rest until their questions are answered.
At 11 O' clock family and friends poured into the Greater Hopewell Baptist Church in Ocala to remember 8-year-old Cordarrian Hill and 6-year-old Cordarica Hill.
Their father, Willie Hill, and his son, Cordarrell, were in stripes and shackles with escorts from the Marion County Jail. Hill didn't have much to say as he got into the back seat of the patrol car. Hill is being held on unrelated charges.
A second service, a few miles down the road, a packed church mourns the loss of two others. Those who knew and loved 57-year-old Bridget Gray and her daughter 27-year-old Jocalyn Gray, still can't figure out, why Jocalyns boyfriend and father to her two year old son, would take her life and three others.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office is offering a 2,500 dollar reward to anyone who may have seen Bannister in a 1993 dark colored Isuzu Rodeo around the time of the murders last Friday. They hope tracing his whereabouts will lead them to the murder weapon, a 38 caliber revolver.
Bannister will be arraigned September 13th.
- Funeral Services for Horse Rehab Center Explosion Victim
- Quadruple Murder Suspect Behind Bars
- Funeral and Memorial Services Announced for Somer Thompson
- Marine's Funeral Service
- Fundraising for Funeral Service
- Funeral Arrangements for Lake Butler Victims
- William Happ Executed for 1986 Murder, Issues Apology to Victim's Family
- From Amber Alert Victim to Murder Suspect
- Remembering Murder Victim Toni Centracco
- Victims Identified After Double Murder